Pictures of the Store

Cappuccino Country and Gifts

Cappuccino Country, a Branson favorite, since 1996.

Fashion Accessories, Women's Clothing, Jewelry, Shoes, Unique Gift Items, Fine Bone China, and Gourmet Food and Coffee.

New location on Hwy 76 (the Strip) next to Fuddruckers.


Thursday, August 5, 2010

More than Cappuccino.... A lot more....

Cappuccino Country and Gifts started in 1993 by Nancy and Earl Apprill from a small coffee cart outside a grocery store here in Branson, MO.  Thanks to a local entertainer and radio personality, Jessica James, the small business made enough sales to sign a lease at their 1st location the Engler Block on Hwy 76.  Jessica tried Earl's famous Cappuccino's and couldn't stop raving about them on radio and live shows.  The small business soon became a well-established destination shop for many tourists and locals.  People could always find the perfect gift or just grab a coffee or cappuccino, browse the store and relax with family and friends.  The little company that once started with a coffee cart opened two locations and employed approximately 20 people. 

A few years ago, the owners sold their great business to another couple and tried to open the store's 3rd location in town.  Due to unforeseen circumstances, the 3rd location never opened and the new owners had to move out-of-state to care for family.  The business was on the verge of closing, and almost did. 

Many of you that have met me or read my blogs know how I became the new owner of the store and my love for Cappuccino Country.  A few months ago as I was experiencing my own beginning bumps and bruises of the store - mainly dealing with delays with the City - and I was becoming more and more discouraged, a beautiful woman walked in my store one afternoon and introduced herself as Jessica James.  She wanted a cup of coffee.  As I told her my story and the challenges I was facing with gaining the right permits, she left my store, no coffee.  A few days later, she came by again.  Asking for another cup of coffee.  Still no coffee.  Any customer would probably have gotten upset by this point and just given up on the store.  With a friendly smile and wave, she left.  A few days after that, she showed up again.  This time telling me her story and her love for the store as well.  She told me she called the Mayor, aldermen, the City, the Health Dept., and some local big name entertainers.  And a few days after that, I had my permits, my store was open, coffee was being made, food samples were sampled and Cappuccino Country was open once more.  Today, the business is doing great.  We have so much more than food and coffee.  We have jewelry, purses, designer and one-of-a-kind gifts, furniture, Fenton, Fitz and Floyd, blown glassware, Lomonosov china, fine bone china, exclusive china, women's apparal, children's books, original art, and so much more.  I am so proud of my store and I truly appreciate all of our wonderful customers. 

Thank you Jessica James. 

No comments:

Post a Comment