Pictures of the Store

Cappuccino Country and Gifts

Cappuccino Country, a Branson favorite, since 1996.

Fashion Accessories, Women's Clothing, Jewelry, Shoes, Unique Gift Items, Fine Bone China, and Gourmet Food and Coffee.

New location on Hwy 76 (the Strip) next to Fuddruckers.


Monday, July 19, 2010

The Legend of Kung Fu

I just had to write about the new show in Branson called "The Legend of Kung Fu."  Wow!  With so many shows in Branson to choose from (I think there are now 83) and so many of them are good, but a few stand out, at least in my opinion. 

I have my favorites like Peter Pan, HamnerBarber, Dixie Stampede, Branson Belle, SIX, Neil McCoy, Clay Cooper, and a few of the Christmas shows, but The Legend of Kung Fu is amazing.

Locals in Branson have been talking about this new show for awhile.  There was some disappointment when the show was delayed due some issues with visas but the show did open June 28th at the White House Theatre.

Saturday night I closed my store a little early and took my sons to see it.  I was expecting something similar to Cirque or Acrobats of China but in no way was this show like that.  It is a story of a young boy who has to leave his mother and has to sever all ties to the outside world to become a monk and kung fu warrior.  Many years go by and you see him learning all the kung fu skills and living a holy life.  As he becomes a man, he cannot resist the temptations of the outside world and leaves the buddhist palace.  He is deeply saddened by his decision and only after learning the news about his mother's death does he come back and continue his holy ways.  After more intense training and when his body turns into "iron" he is honored as a Master.  He is then asked to be the new Abbott as the Abbott passes and finds "nirvana."

Here's why I recommend this show.  It tells a story thru dance and music.  This is a full-scale production with a large cast.  The show is only in Beijing and Branson, MO.  You cannot miss this show.  Even if you don't like Kung Fu, it is an opportunity to see unbelieveable talent, and a show that I believe is better than some I've seen in Las Vegas and New York.

At the end of the show you have an opportunity to meet the cast in the lobby.  They do not speak english, but you can have your pictures taken with them and they will sign their names in your program.  The ticket prices are $34.00.  We saw the 7:30 p.m. show and it lasted about 2 1/2 hours. 

Hope you can see it while you're in town.  Let me know what you think! 

1 comment:

  1. i love your new store. I think you have done a great job putting it all back together. I must say I do miss all the old employees though. They was just some familiar faces we looked forward to seeing each time we visited. Have you kept in contact with any of them? Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see you this fall.

    ReplyDelete